Condolence News

Head constable killed in accident

Tirupur: Varun Devan (49), a head constable, was killed when the motorcycle he was riding was knocked down by an unidentified vehicle near Palladam on Thursday. He was posted for duty at the office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police in Palladam. He was a native of Palayamkottai in Tirunelveli district.

SSI killed in road accident

Kancheepuram: A 54-year-old special sub-inspector, who was returning home after duty, died in a road accident on Sunday. The SSI, Paramasivam of Kancheepuram, whowas attached to Vishnu Kanchi, had just completed sentry duty at Government High School in Thiruputkuzhi, the counting centre for Kancheepuram Lok Sabha constituency.He was returning home on a motorcycle when he was hit by a car on National Highway 4 (Chennai – Bangalore Highway). He sustained critical injuries and died instantly. The car was driven by G.

Youth brigade member dies chasing suspects

Dharmapuri: A member of the Tamil Nadu Special Police Youth Brigade, engaged in election work, died while chasing some suspects in Dharmapuri district on Wednesday night. Police sources said Vinoth Kumar, 25, of Krishnagiri district was enrolled in the brigade a couple of months ago and was attached to the Krishnapuram station. On a tip-off that some persons were distributing money to voters in a village, a police team rushed there.

Constable dies in accident

Perambalur: A police constable died in a road accident on the Tiruchi – Chennai national highway at Sengunam diversion near here on Monday. C. Vijayaraja (33), a Grade – I constable attached to Manglamedu police station was riding a motorcycle to the police station when the vehicle dashed against the sign board. In the impact, the Constable sustained severe head injury and died on the spot. The Perambalur police have registered a case, police sources said.

SI killed in accident

Madurai:  A 50-year-old police officer died after he was fatally knocked by a van on the Dindigul highway on Sunday. According to police, Udaiyappan, a Sub-Inspector attached to the Nagamalai Pudukottai police station, was returning home on his two-wheeler. Near Fatima College, a speeding van coming in the opposite direction collided with his vehicle, killing him on the spot.

Former DGP Sripal dead

Chennai:  Former Director General of Police S. Sripal died here on Tuesday following a cardiac arrest. He was 76 and is survived by wife Kamalie Sripal, son Shreyas Sripal and two daughters Supriya Sripal and Hema Sripal. Belonging to the 1962 batch of Indian Police Service, Mr. Sripal served as Chennai City Police Commissioner during 1980 – 85 and became the Director General of Police, Tamil Nadu, in 1991 and held the post till 1995. He retired as DGP in April 1996.

Police News Plus: Heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased Police officers

Mr. I. Sarpudhin, Inspector working at Perambalur Police Station, while he was involved in the checking process at Koneripalayam bus stand got heavily injured in a road accident and was admitted to the hospital and died due to failure in treatment on 31.1.2014

Condolences to the families of the deceased Police officers

Mr. A. Lawerance, special sub-inspector, working at Koyambedu Police Station died on the spot with heavy injuries in a road accident on 13.1.2014 when he was riding his two wheeler near Ambattur.

Policeman fatally hit

Dindigul : Stephen Antony (40), a grade I police constable attached to the Dindigul EOW, was killed in an accident on Thursday. Police said that a team was travelling by a car to Chennai. At Asanur, the car tyre went flat and Antony got down from the vehicle. A sand-laden lorry fatally knocked down Antony while trying to overtake a bus going ahead.

SSI succumbs to injuries from road accident

Chennai: A 49-year-old special sub-inspector (SSI), who was injured in a hit-and-run accident about a fortnight ago, succumbed to his injuries on Wednesday. D. Ravi, attached to the Kodungaiyur police station, was returning to his home in Kattupakkam late in the night on January 28. He sustained injuries after his motorcycle was hit by an unidentified vehicle on Chennai Bypass. He was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Porur, where he died on Wednesday.